Administrator/School Business Professional
Are you an experienced administrator looking for an opportunity to develop your skills further?
Are you interested in school business management and would like to undertake an exciting training opportunity?
If so, we have the perfect post for you!
We are looking for an experienced administrator who is looking to develop into the role of school business professional. Someone who can support business work and administration, whilst training through our exciting apprenticeship opportunity.
This post will enable you to develop knowledge and skills in:
- drafting and monitoring the school budget, setting up financial controls and reporting on performance to ensure best value for money is achieved, managing payroll, maintaining accounts and financial reporting to the headteacher and governors.
- management of the school site to ensure that it provides a safe and suitable learning environment; procurement of goods and services to achieve best value and oversee contract management, e.g. staff, catering and maintenance contracts
- identification of income generation opportunities on a small scale
- preparation of marketing materials and lead a range of marketing activities to add value and promote the school externally.
- responsibility for developing and maintaining effective administrative systems, e.g. student record-keeping systems; implementation of school HR processes
- ensuring compliance with and implementation of safeguarding and Health & Safety policies so that all stakeholders work in a safe and healthy.
We are offering:
- 30 hours per week
- 20% off job training
- Term time only
- Local Authority Pension Scheme
We are looking for:
- Five GCSEs in the A* to C or 9 to 4 range including English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
- A commitment to a level 4 apprenticeship programme
- A keen interest in school business management
- Administration experience
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft and Google
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Lynsey in the school office for further details.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Friday 19th January 2024
Interviews: Friday 26th January 2024
Orchard Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that online checks will be made on all candidates, also the appointment is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
A place where children are empowered to reach their full potential, with the highest possible aspirations and passion for learning. With values and respect, our children are confident to move from our nurturing environment to explore and succeed in the wider world.